The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals, those looked after by the authority and children of armed service personnel. The intended effect of this funding is to accelerate progress and raise attainment.
In most cases the Pupil Premium is allocated to schools and is clearly identifiable. It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are the best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility.
All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received, how this is being used, and the impact of any work.
PUPIL PREMIUM ALLOCATION
No. of pupils eligible 166
Total Allocation £295,096
Download our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2017/2018 –Pupil Premium Strategy Statement
No. of pupils eligible 208
Total Allocation £297,836
No. of pupils eligible 224
Total Allocation £293,168
This continues to be used as follows:
- To provide intervention programmes for underachieving pupils and those with special educational needs.
- To provide one to one tuition for some pupils.
- To employ staff to provide a targeted level of support for some of our most vulnerable children.
- To give children life experiences.
- To promote inclusion.
- To increase overall attendance in school Target 95%.
- To raise standards in reading and writing to narrow the gap to national averages.
- To enrich the curriculum and stimulate engagement through visits by poets, artists and theatre companies.
- To subsidise any educational visits, including residentials, to improve children’s confidence and self-esteem.
The impact of this work is evident in:
- Pupils improved confidence, self esteem and life skills.
- Pupils are more engaged in their learning.
- Improved inclusion.
- Improved attainment in reading and writing.
- Gaps to national averages are narrowing in KS2.
We assure parents that all matters regarding the use of Pupil Premium funds are treated with discretion and in confidence.
For more information on Pupil Premium, please visit: