Welcome to Year 6 Topaz!
Our class teachers are Mrs Latham and Miss Parry.
Our teaching assistant is Mr Taylor.
Our HLTA is Mrs Austerfield.
This term we are focusing on the book ‘ Beowulf’ by Michael Morpurgo. We are looking at a range of genres of writing including diary writing, poetry and adventure stories. The book has a lot of battles, blood and bravery which the children will enjoy and we will use a range of dramatic techniques to really understand the characters. We will be writing stories based on our text and developing our skills in proofreading and editing our work.
In maths we will focus on Algebra, Geometry and Statistics. We are still making sure that our arithmetic skills are working well by having weekly arithmetic tests and times tables so keep practising and working as hard as you are!
Year 6 is a very important year and we are counting down to our SATs tests in May already so keep working hard both at home and at school. Here are some key tips to remember when you take your SATs:
- Stay calm and don’t rush
- Make sure you are prepared
- Read all questions carefully
- If you finish and have time left, don’t forget to re-read your answers
- Make sure you get plenty of sleep and rest – have early nights in preparation
- Eat well and have a good breakfast
- Make sure you do lots of revision